The access to our Support and Service program
GUARANTEE – for access to software usage rights, upgrade, support and services
The Software Assurance (SA) provides running and working software:
- FREE – Usage rights in accordance with the end user license agreement.
- FREE – 1st Level basic support through our Support & Service center (ticket system).
- FREE – Availability to special discounts, tools, knowledge base, downloads.
- ACCESS – To renewal, upgrade, patch license key and licenses key file.
- ACCESS – The full support & service program
- GUARANTEE – On software defect for up to 3 months after our GA version release date
- GUARANTEE – Money back guarantee for our service, caused by a defect in our software
Accept of terms and conditions
- When purchasing or renewal of the Software Assurance these terms and condition are at the same time accepted – also when the Software Assurance is incl./part of a product
- The link for the Software Assurance is incl./part of e-mail, invoice and/or payment, and It is the responsibility of the costumer’s to be reading the terms before accepting
According to the end user license agreement (EULA) on nearly all our software, it is mandatory to have an active Software Assurance (SA) when using/running the software, unless the software has been purchased as a perpetual license and this is stated on the invoice
Make sure the software is running and working correctly
In most of our software, there is an expiry date connected and this date is synchronized with the Software Assurance period.
- Sometimes as a license key
- Sometimes as a license key file
- Sometimes as an automated online approval service
- Sometimes all the above
Software expire date
- Normal our software will run according to the Software Assurance (SA) period
- Some software will run limited up-to 30 days after the end of SA period
- Some software need online service for approval verification of SA period
- Some old software versions, will seem to work after end SA period, but are very unreliable and break down without any further warning.
Software License Key
If the Ontolica Software in use, have the possibility and are configured to automatic updates, you will get your License Key automatic after payment is approved.
If the Ontolica Software in use, don’t have the possibility or are not configured to automatic updates, then it is the customer’s responsibility to request and follow our guide in the Support & Service Center for a new License Key or License Key File.
- Remember to request on time, delivery time is normally 5-10 working days
- The request/order process for a new License Key or License Key File, can start as soon as payment is received and registered in our systems
- Make sure your payment is done in good time and you have requested for a new Key License if needed for Renewal planning etc.
- In most cases – depending on the software – a service can be added the Renewal process for a fixed fee “Semi Automatic” Manage Key Delivery of the License Key or License Key File after approved payment.
Support for the 2 latest software versions
The latest and newest General Available (GA) version and one version back.
Example: v7.1 as GA and v6.x as one version back
When a software version is not supported anymore, there is no more guarantee for access to software maintenance, upgrades, patches, support, and services.
Read more on Software Version Supported
Support & Service Center
If an issue occurs, end-user can submit a normal support ticket in our Support & Service Center. Then our team will find the most effective and constructive way the solve the issue.
The issues will normally be prioritized in the order;
- Critical, High, Medium, Low
- First in – First out
All issues must be submitted in our ticket system, any other type of support method it is considered as payable service time.
All inquiries and dialog regarding finance, payments and cancellation issues, must be submitted and done in our ticket system to avoid misunderstanding.
Money back guarantee
If your company or organization purchases our service assistance and later the issue turns out to be caused mainly by a defect in our software, we will refund your purchases of our service assistance.
Assurance Duration, Period and Cancellation
The Software Assurance continues automatically for a new period, into a cancellation and/or closing is done.
The Software Assurance secure continually delivery of professional support & service. We are using cost on planning and booking of ready resources for minimum a remaining active period and the next upcoming full period.
Cancellation must be done in writing minimum 1 period before a new period starts
Example; if period is 1 year, cancellation must be done minimum 12 months before a new period starts.
Cancellation is done by submitting a ticket to our Support & Service Center
(Cancellation are first applicable when received and accepted in writing)
IMPORTANT! Make sure to pay the last invoice and period on time, to save further expenses on reminder fees, interest rate etc. Any outstanding must be paid in full before accept of cancellation is applicable
Renewal and Purchase Order Process (PO/POP)
If your organization need to purchase the assurance by a yearly renewal with a light or wide Purchase Order Process (PO/POP), then this is possible by an additional handling and process fee(s).
IMPORTANT! Make sure to pay the last invoice and period on time, to save further expenses on reminder fees, interest rate etc.
*Invoicing and payment *
- Software Assurance invoicing and payment is normally handled directly from Surfray to the end-user.
- Normally up-front alerts, invoice and/or PO Process will be started before a new period.
- It is end-users responsibility to update and inform Surfray of any changes minimum 4-5 months before a new period. Failing to do so, and it results in new finance service handling, then this is possible by an additional handling and process fee(s).
- Example; New PO Number, E-mail address, Recipient etc.
Software Assurance (SA) price is a 22 percent for a period on 12 months
The yearly 12-months assurance price is a percent calculated on the end-users registered inventory of software licenses, but never less than the minimum price on the assurance.
Before the start of a new assurance period, the assurance price for the next period is calculated based on:
- The currently active and valid price sheet.
- Before any discounts etc.
- Previous or subsequent future prices, assurance fee, discounts etc. does not create any precedent
- Value = The current prices on the registered software
- Percent = Assurance percent representing the Assurance price
- Period = 1 year (12 months)
- Value x Percent x Period = Price (Assurance price)
- 100 × 22% x 1 = 22
- Assurance start fee (only first time)
- A normal flat Invoice fee is added the invoice
- A renewal or PO Process fee will be added the invoice
- For extended services (as fill out of forms, IT systems etc.) a fee is added
- Bank cost and handling (as bank checks, transatlantic transfer cost etc.) will be added
Stable and fixed renewal prices
Read more about Renewal Price Guarantee
When adding more to the registered software license inventory
The assurance price on any software adding will be calculated and invoiced for the remaining months before an alignment with the main assurance period can be executed.
Some requests may attract an extra cost due to the issue or task type, complexity or amount of work required to process and/or to solve it. In such situation, we will inform and request an accept before proceeding, unless otherwise agreed.
Disclaimer and change eligibility
We accept no liability for errors and reserve the right to make changes to new software version or/and once a year without any further notice!