How to Migrate best with extra running Ontolica Search & Preview Licenses?
It is illegal to use extra Ontolica Search & Preview license without normal purchase, examples include software copy, simultaneously, parallel, new or old License Key File.
Migration with simultaneously extra Ontolica Search & Preview Licenses
When companies and organizations are migrating from example one major version of SharePoint to another, and want to migrate the Ontolica Search & Preview solution to the new SharePoint, new server, any extra Ontolica Licenses in use must always be purchased.
Good reasons, for running with simultaneously extra licenses:
- It is not legal to use parallel or extra licenses not purchased
- Migration project tends to run for a longer period than planned
- Nice to have the old solution running for a period with normal access to all
- Smart to have the old solution running for a period as backup
- Need to keep the old solution running for a longer period as archive etc.
How to get 50% Migration discount on the simultaneously running old license
Only for older version when used simultaneously with new license as extra license
When submitting ticket in our Support & Service Center, requesting for a new Ontolica Search & Preview – License Key File for the “older” or soon to be “older” edition/version, select “Yes” in the field: New Migration License
- Then the license will be invoiced with the special Migration discount on 50%
- The license will then be kept or be added to the Software Assurances and other linked assurances