How long time does it take to install Ontolica Search & Preview?
In many cases, it can be done in 1 day (2-7 hours) when everything is just right
– excluding tuning, and not to forget possible unexpected, underlying SharePoint installation challenges etc.
Of course – It depends on the SharePoint installation
If no experience with Ontolica Search & Preview, it is smartest to estimate approximately 2-5 days per installation, depending on the underlying SharePoint installation.
- If you are familiar with Ontolica and know have to master your SharePoint installation, you should go ahead and install (Remember to use the Ontolica Search & Preview Quick Start Guide and documentation).
- If you are not familiar with the Ontolica Search & Preview install, we recommend you hire your preferred SharePoint and Ontolica partner or hire our service consultants to assist you through the installation first time
- If you do not master the SharePoint installation, we recommend you hire your preferred SharePoint and Ontolica partner or hire our consultants to assist you through the installation first time
ESTIMATE OF INSTALLATION TIME
We will always make an estimate of 3 days for installation assistance, including start-up meeting etc.
Example – The below will be estimated to take 3 working days:
- Meetings, Planning ½ Day
- Non-production 1 Day
- Production 1½ Day
- A fast start-up meeting with sharing of installation information, planning etc.
- In collaboration remote/online install, set-up and configuration
- Test of normal start-up functionality
- QA of the solution
If an unexpected challenge is met during the installation, and additional resources are needed we will get your approval before continuing.
- The process is done as remote online access incorporation with requester (unless agreed in writing)
- It is expected (unless agreed in writing) that, online access, project management and last the QA of the implementation/solution is done and the responsibility of the requester