How long time does it take to install Ontolica Search & Preview?
Of course – It all depends on the SharePoint installation
In many cases, it can be done as fast as 2-7 hours, but then everything has to go 100% right and there will not be time to do – best configuration, setup, tuning and not to forget – possible unexpected, underlying SharePoint installation challenges etc.
By our experience, it is smartest to estimate approximately 1-2 days per installation
- If you are familiar with Ontolica and know have to master your SharePoint installation, you should go ahead and install (Remember to use the Ontolica Search & Preview documentation).
- If you are not familiar with the Ontolica Search & Preview install, we recommend you hire your preferred SharePoint and Ontolica partner or book one of our consultancy / specialist, to assist you through the installation first time
- If you do not know have to master the SharePoint installation, we recommend you hire your preferred SharePoint and Ontolica partner or book one of our consultancy / specialist, to assist you through the installation first time
ESTIMATE OF INSTALLATION TIME
We will always start the installation task with a estimation on 2 days per installation, and 1 day for start-up, status and plan meetings.
Example – The below will be estimated to take 5 working days:
- Production 2 Days
- Non-production 1-2 Days
- Meeting & Planning 1 Day
- A fast start-up meeting with the installation information, planning etc.
- In collaboration remote/online install, set-up and configuration
- Test of normal start-up functionality
- QA of the solution
If an unexpected or underlying challenge is meet during the installation, and additional resources is needed we will get your approval before continuing.
- The process is done as remote online access in corporation with requester (unless other is agreed in writing)
- It is expected (unless other is agreed in writing) that, online access, project management and last QA of the implementation / solution is done and the responsibility of the customer/end-user