- Ontolica Cube – System Requirements and Prerequisites
- Ontolica Cube – Creating reports using MS Excel
- Ontolica Cube – Error – Required assemblies Microsoft.AnalysisServices.dll and Microsoft..
|Ontolica Cube – System Requirements and Prerequisites|
Ontolica Cube – for Search (and Preview)
Ontolica Search contains Cube feature, which has specific database-related requirements.
Cube is a successor of the previously known Ontolica Search Intelligence module, and it powers several other features in Ontolica Search.
Require a fully functional SharePoint environment.
Currently supported SharePoint platforms are:
- Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SharePoint Server 2010
- Search Server (Express) 2008
- Search Server (Express) 2010
System requirements and prerequisites for Ontolica Search are the same as for a given SharePoint platform, plus few extras.
All Microsoft product is recommended to have the latest service packs and updates installed.
Ontolica Search for SharePoint 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Microsoft Search Server (Express) 2008
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 32-bit or 64-bit
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Ontolica Search and Preview for SharePoint 2010 up to version 6.5)
- .NET Framework 4.5 SP1 (Ontolica Search and Preview for SharePoint 2010 from version 6.6)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Common Requirements
Ontolica Search for SharePoint 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 or Microsoft Search Server (Express) 2010
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 ×64, 2008 R2 ×64
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (4.0 is supported but not required)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 ×64 SP3 CU3, 2008 ×64 SP1 CU2, 2008 R2 ×64
- Common Requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server must have the following components and settings: – Database Engine Service – Analysis Services (Cube) – SQL Server Agent (Cube) – Remote connections enabled over TCP (Cube) – Mixed mode authentication enabled (Cube)
- The account used to run the Ontolica Installer should be both SharePoint Farm Administrator and local machine Administrator
- The account used to install the Ontolica Cube Database should be both SQL Server Administrator and Analysis Services Administrator (Cube)
- Analysis Services must be located on the same instance as the Database Engine Service used to install the Ontolica Cube Database (Cube)
- The SharePoint Farm Administrator account must be a domain account and have Administrator rights on the local machine (Preview)
|Ontolica Cube – Creating reports using MS Excel|
Since the introduction of Ontolica Cube feature (previously known as Ontolica Search Intelligence), it is possible to use Microsoft Excel to create and view reports
based on statistics gathered by Ontolica Search. For example, it is possible to view who searched for what and when.
This article describes the steps to create an example report using MS Excel 2007/2010.
- Open MS Excel running as a user who has access to the Analysis Services on the SQL Server where Ontolica Cube was configured.
- In the Data menu tab select From Other Source > From Analysis Services button.
- Type in the name of the SQL Server and press Next.
- From the database, list selects SurfRay Reporting and check to connect to the specific cube or table. You should see an entry called “RECUBE” in the list. Press Next.
- The Select file name for saving the file and press Finish.
- In the Import Data popup window, you can select for example Pivot Chart and Pivot Table Report. Press OK.
- In the Pivot Table Field List which should appear in Excel, select the following items:
- Ontolica Search Count
- Query String
- Account Name
- A report should now be generated in Excel listing users who made searches in Ontolica, the exact queries made and the number of times they were made.
Additional reports can be created by selecting different values in the Pivot Table Field List.
|Ontolica Cube – Error – Required assemblies Microsoft.AnalysisServices.dll and Microsoft..|
During installation of Ontolica Cube database, you might get the following error while trying to connect to the database on the Manage Ontolica Cube Database page:
“Required assemblies Microsoft.AnalysisServices.dll and Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.dll do not exist on this server. Please install them into GAC”.
Ontolica Cube uses the mentioned dlls to connect to the Analysis Services. However, these dll files are deployed only either with the SQL Server Analysis Services installation or by installing packages from the SQL Server Feature Pack for the specific version of SQL Server used. On a Web front-end machine which does not have SQL Server installed, you need to install additional packages from the corresponding Feature Pack.
This Microsoft knowledge base article informs which packages contain which dll files:
Here you can find an example Feature Pack download page for SQL Server 2008:
Please download and install the following components:
- Microsoft ADOMD.NET package
- Microsoft Analysis Management Objects package
If still having problems, install also:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services 10.0 OLE DB Provider
Installation may require to restart the machine or at least to restart the IIS server.
Need more help with this?
SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORT & SERVICE TICKET HERE ..