Ontolica Search & Preview – Upgrade to the latest version
ALWAYS USE THE QUICK START GUIDE
GENERAL UPGRADE GUIDE
The general upgrade guide, don’t handle special set-up etc.
- Uninstall the backend, (conversion and gatherer services) using the Windows Control Panel on all servers where they are installed.
- Unpack the installation package to a folder on the server running SharePoint Central Administration. Run setup.exe from that folder, it will perform a full upgrade, or fresh installation, of the SharePoint frontend components.
- (Re)install backend, (conversion and gatherer services) on all servers where they are required from the ‘Preview Back-end Installer’ subfolder in the installation folder you expanded the package into. Run msi.
- Upload and activate your new license in SharePoint Central Administration using the Ontolica license area.
- (Re)activate all Ontolica Search and Preview features in your SharePoint sites.
- Test your installation for full functionality
In case you experience time out or other issues during an upgrade then instead of point 2 do the following:
Uninstall the existing Ontolica Search and Preview using the original installation package.
Unpack the installation package for the new version to a folder on the server running SharePoint Central Administration. Run setup.exe from that folder and reinstall all components.
For a fresh installation you will skip point 1 and follow the other points as for a new installation. Simply read ‘reinstall’ as ‘install’ etc.