Settings that you make at the farm level will be available to all applications, collections, and sites in your SharePoint installation. To find these settings, log into your SharePoint central administration site and go to the Operations tab.
Figure: The Operations tab of the SharePoint central administration site
The following two links under the Global Configuration heading provide settings that affect the deployment and availability of Ontolica (and other features and/or solutions you may have installed):
• Manage farm features: enables you to activate or deactivate Ontolica and other features for your farm. See “Activating and Deactivating Farm-Level Features” for details.
• Solution management enables you to deploy or retract Ontolica and other solutions to/from your various applications. See also “Manual Deployment”.
All of the links under the Ontolica for SharePoint heading apply only to Ontolica. The following are provided here:
• Manage Ontolica modules: enables you to make farm-level search-tab and Search Box settings. It also provides a link to the Ontolica Configuration Wizard, which will help you set up your first Search Center(s). See also “Managing Ontolica Modules”.
• Manage Ontolica licenses: enables you to check the status of your Ontolica licenses, upload license files and manage other types of license-related tasks. See also “Managing Ontolica Licenses”.
• Diagnostic Logging: enables you to configure how Ontolica stores log information. Use these options to control which types of events are logged and where the logs are saved. This log can be helpful during initial setup and troubleshooting; one your solution has been tested and shown to work correctly, you will usually return here to reduce the amount of detail logged, thereby saving disk space and improving performance slightly. See “Ontolica Diagnostic Logging” for details.
• About Ontolica: provides a few details about your Ontolica installation (such as the version number and farm-activation ID) and gives links to the Ontolica and SurfRay web sites.