Resetting MondoSearch’s registry
1) Make the changes you need to in the MssInstall.cfg file found at C:MondoSearchSearchHostdata.
2) Delete the existing registry key at HKLM>Software>Mondosoft
3) Open a command prompt
4) Drag the MsmSetup.exe program from the c:MondoSearchInstancesPublicExec folder onto the command prompt
5) Make a space after the command prompt
6) Drag the MssInstall.cfg file onto the command prompt from C:MondoSearchSearchHostdata.
7) Hit return.
If everything is ok, it should tell you that the installation was a success and how many more installs you have.
Log into the insite and see if the search engine is working again.
NB: If you have an MJ or MI license you will have to change the pincode at the bottom of the file before you can do this, no matter what the change.