How to migrate MondoSearch
Migrate MondoSearch from one server to another
The following steps outline the procedure for moving the settings from one MondoSearch installation to another. To insure a successful move please be sure to back up the installation before moving them and that the license codes you have are valid. Also be aware that installing with the same license code on two machines concurrently may be a licensing violation. All older installations using a specific license code should be immediately removed from all servers.
1. Back up all C:MondoSearchSearchHostdata*.cfg files, except the MssInstall.cfg. You can also back up MssAction.xml, MssCatText.xml, MssSynonym.xml, and MssTranslate.xml if you want to preserve your set-up from the InformationManager.
2. Remove the Mondosoft key in the Registry Database:
>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE
3. Install MondoSearch on the new server and run the Setup Wizard by entering the Insite.
4. In the following backed up configuration files, change the old paths* to the
paths where MondoSearch is installed on the new server:
5. Copy the configuration files to C:MondoSearchSearchHostdata on the new server.
6. Run ?MsmSetup.exe C:MondoSearchSearchHostdataMssInstall.cfg? from C:MondoSearchInstancesPublicexec on your new server.
7. Now try to login to the InSite. If you get an invalid user id or similar error, there are two things to try:
a. Delete the cookies from Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | General | Delete Cookies. This will remove the user data for the login from the cookies on the new server. If this does not work you may need to clear the admin password from MondoSearch at the file level.
b. Open the MssDyn.cfg file from C:MondoSearchSearchHostData and find:
X_DYN.USERS.LIST0.ID=“UserName”, where UserName is the login name set up during installation.
8. Go to the InSite >> OPTIONS >> Configure and hit ‘Save’ and ‘Yes’.
9. Remove the old installation with the add/remove programs tool in the control panel.
10. Start the Crawler and publish after it has finished.
Now MondoSearch has been set up with the old setup on the new machine.