Rename existing files or as they are copied/moved to SharePoint, FTP, Network share or local drive.
- Preview the proposed renaming actions before they are committed.
- Test-Run supported, with full reporting.
- Persist the Modified & ModifiedBy values when source and target is identical.
In this example an expression is used to prefix the filename with ‘my prefix_’ and the original filename minus the first 3 characters.
Notice the many available functions in the r-click menu.
The expression can also return a wildcard specification.
So in this example all files with the extension .txt will be prefixed with “text_”. Files with the extension .xml will be prefixed with “xml_”.
All other files will be renamed to have the extension .bak”.
Also you can use the non-programming Rules to get the same result. There are many advanced Rules and they can even be combined with one or more expressions.
- The first rule the the renaming part of the filename from character position 4
- The second rule adds the prefix to the filename
Notice the test value and se how the value changes as the rules are applied.